Urine Drug Screen Collector Training: Regulations & Mock Collections
Covers the DOT Regulations and includes the required 5 mock specimen collections for full DOT specimen collection certification.
Urine Drug Screen Collector Training
This online urine drug screen collector training course provides students with the knowledge, understanding and hands-on training necessary to perform and properly administer a (DOT) Urine Drug Screen Collection in accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation procedure rule.
This course follows the curriculum as prescribed by the Department of Transportation (DOT), which covers the procedural requirements for urine drug collection as stated in the Federal Register (49CFR part 40 – Subpart B [40.5-40.19]).
Following completion of this course the student will be certified to properly administer a (DOT) Urine Drug Screen Collection and follow regulations for chain-of-custody, patient specimen integrity and patient confidentiality procedures.
Who Should Attend:
- Clinical and Registered Nurses & Technicians
- Safety Managers & Industrial Hygienists
- Occupational Health Nurses & Technicians
- Federal workplace drug testing programs
- Types of drugs used in testing
- Responsibilities of the collector
- Collection site protocol
- Collection supplies
- Collection procedures and chain of custody form
- Medical review officer
- Steps for collection
- Shy bladder
- Direct observation collections
- Monitored collections
- Correctable and fatal flaws
- Obstacles to a urine collection
- Disclosure of records
- Proficiency in the collection of a urine specimen
- Quality control measures
- Reading results