Breath Alcohol Technician: DOT Regulations & Alco-Sensor IV w/ Memory Instrument Training
Online course covers the DOT Regulations and training on the Alco-Sensor IV with Memory system. This course includes the 7 mock alcohol tests for full BAT certification.
Breath Alcohol Technician: DOT Regulations & Alco-Sensor IV Memory Instrument Training
This online breath alcohol technician course covers the DOT regulations for breath alcohol testing as outlined in 49 CFR Part 40, as well as the training in the operation of the Intoximeter Alco-Sensor IV with Memory breath alcohol instrument. This course includes the required 7 mock alcohol breath tests. Following completion of this course you will be certified to properly administer a breath alcohol test using the Alco-Sensor IV with Memory system.
The DOT Regulations and Instrument training are conducted as an online course, so you can learn at your own pace. The 7 mock alcohol tests are conducted online via a live WebEx session.
Once you complete and test on 49 CFR Part 40 and instrument operations, you will receive an email to select and sign up for one of our available WebEx online sessions. It is during the WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 7 mock alcohol tests.
Who Should Attend:
- Clinical and Registered Nurses & Technicians
- Respirator Program Manager and Occupational Health Nurses
- Safety Managers and Industrial Hygienists
Students will learn:
- Review of 49 CFR Part 40 for alcohol testing
- EBT methodologies
- Preparing for the test
- Subject problems and procedures
- Proper subject instructions
- How to conduct screening and confirmation tests
- Review equipment problems and learn how to troubleshoot
- Alco-Sensor features and functions
- Performing external calibration checks, records and log keeping
- Hands-on demonstration and practice, simulating difficult techniques for difficult patients including troubleshooting, coaching reproducible results, correct patient techniques and procedures